Thursday, May 25, 2006

Something old, and something... less old.

I used to go to life drawing a lot more, or something.

Not convinced? Here are some life drawings that pre-date my blog (mostly first year work)











I still think these drawings hold up pretty well.

And here are a few experiments that I never really posted during the school year this year. I've definetly improved and evolved but it's neat to see a direct comparison. If I'm feeling particularly adventurous I'll post stuff from my first ever life drawing portfolio and compare to my later stuff. I really was quite awful.

30 Second:


A Portrait:


Two and a Five minute drawing with color. Just playing around.





Just thought you'd want to see.

7 comments:

Dawei Sun 9:21 AM  

very nice drawings, Allen!

Medville 10:42 AM  

I was browsing at the other blogs on here and came across yours. The drawings are beautiful! A few almost brought a tear to my eyes. I don't know why, but looking at them they seem so powerful. You have a great gift in art.
Ginger
http://sharemybrain.blogspot.com

Anonymous 5:14 PM  

- these are 1st class, well done!

James© 3:00 PM  

Those are very good even though they are first year stuff!! I'm a first year student at Seneca and your life drawings are a real inspiration, keep up the good work!

Cookedart 9:37 PM  

Sun - Thanks! Glad to see you coming by so often.

Life drawing is for fundies students on Tuesdays and Thursdays at 5-8pm in A107.

Hey Ginger - pleased to meet you! Thanks for your kind comment! How did you find me?

MrBlake - Thanks a lot! You've got a cool blog yourself!

MachineGunFunk - Another Seneca student! Good to hear from you - I definetly want to see more work from people from your school!

Jinny Liang 4:46 PM  

Beautiful life drawings Alan. I definitely like the last 2's usage of colour.. they look very rich and have great harmony.. I'll need to see you for some pointers with colours and life drawing next yr =)~!!

Cookedart 8:48 PM  

Thanks Jinny - the color is a little bit of a cheat at this point (if I explained it to you I'm sure you'd agree). Someone stole my color nupastels too so it looks like I won't get much practice with color until I get some more.

It's fun to experiment with though.

Subscribe To...

Site Tracking...

free hit counter

eXTReMe Tracker

Locations of visitors to this page

  © Alan Cook, 2009. Template based on 'Neuronic' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP